I’m SO excited to be able to share about this project with you! Hello fellow Christian bloggers! I wanted to bring a film to your attention. It’s a movie FOR WOMEN and… in my opinion… it’s what Courageous was for men, but for us. I’m VERY excited about it and excited to be working with the production team. It’s a modern day adaptation and based on Proverbs 31. Please check out their FB Page. I would love for us to support a production company trying to bring us more Christian films and messages. We need to show that producing these movies IS valid and not just secular gets attention. I STRONGLY believe this movie will minister to and touch many women’s lives. Please join me in supporting this film, I’m hoping we can share it with as many women as possible, so it can reach and minister to as many as possible. They will start filming within the next day or two, and as of right now, it’s scheduled to be out for around Mother’s Day week/weekend. Please pray for this film and what God will do through it.
Category Archives: Gardening
Considering that I’m going back to basics this month and focusing on the main purpose for this blog… to work towards being “A Better Me Day By Day”, I will be focusing most of the posts on this. Today I invite you to read up on a wonderful post prepared to us by Amy, a guest blogger. In this post, she helps us to work on resolutions we can all consider for our HOME. So, relax, grab yourself something to drink as you read her article now:
5 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Home
Every year, millions of people make New Year’s resolutions. At the top of the charts each year are health related resolutions. People vow to lose weight, to stop smoking, or to exercise more. Home related resolutions tend to be lower down the list, even though a clean and tidy home can really make a big difference to your wellbeing. This year, why not try one of these home related New Year’s resolutions. They’re designed to be effective, but quick to do, and easy to keep!
- I will streamline my life: The more stuff you have, the harder it is to keep your home tidy. This year, instead of resolving to do a huge spring-clean, promise yourself that you will consistently throw out things that you don’t use, and stop buying new things unless you really need them. If you stick to this promise, and gradually de-clutter, then by the end of 2012 you should have a clutter-free home.
- I will clean little and often: Set yourself a routine. Make Saturday morning the time you run through the house with your Vax vacuum cleaner. Make Sunday the day you throw out all the junk mail. Spend a few minutes every evening doing the washing up. When you write out the routine, it might look like a lot, but you’ll find that each task takes only a few minutes to do, and it’s much easier to run your vacuum over a clutter free floor than it is to play “dodge the pile of laundry”.
- I will put safety first: When was the last time you checked the batteries in your smoke detector? Have you had a gas safety inspection this year? If you’re not sure about the safety of the appliances in your home, get them checked out.
- I will look after the garden: Neat, well-tended gardens are a beautiful sight. If your lawn has seen better days, consider hiring a gardener to come round a couple of times a month. Or, if that’s beyond your budget, invest in some hardy, easy to care for plants so that you can enjoy all the joy of gardening, with a fraction of the work.
- I will treat myself: It’s easy to get so caught up in worrying about keeping your home clean and tidy that you forget about the most important thing: enjoying all your hard work. Make sure you take a day out every now and then to relax and unwind. Why not treat yourself to a massage chair, or a hot-tub add-on for the bath? Or, invest in a nice big TV for the living room and devote one evening a month to a real movie-night experience.
The above resolutions are just suggestions, and not all of them will apply to you and your family. The main idea was to get you thinking about your New Year’s resolution options. Whatever you resolve this year, I hope it works well for you!
Amy is an online marketing executive at Nottinghamshire online marketing company, Boom Online Marketing. Amy writes both professionally and for pleasure. You can read more of her work at the Boom blog.
We started working on the garden this past weekend. Tilling got started. Some (MINIMAL) planting got started, though we have been going back and forth as to what we want to plant. We started with some papaya, tomatoes, and cantaloupe in the ground. And, we have empty beds waiting for us to make up our minds as to what to plant in them (this weekend preferably!)
We also planted some flowers and such around the backyard. We are thinking of working on a deck (low) around the pergola (to keep the dogs from digging trenches!!! And, we are also thinking that we are going to mulch around the whole playground area for the girls. This is yet, another “work in progress” type thing. But, we have a main idea of what we want to accomplish. We enjoy our yard a lot… we grill when we can, and we start a fire in the pit at any given chance! S’mores anyone? And, THANK GOD for the mosquito repellent lamp!
Here are some pics of the work in progress:
We’re happy pretenders! 😀